Amazing Grace Church is Historically Reformed and Evangelical.
This means we believe in the five foundational Biblical principles of the Reformation, or the five solas.
- Scripture alone, or sola scriptura: The Bible is totally true and the only basis for a knowledge of God, teaching and life within the Church because it is the divinely inspired Word of God. All traditions, creeds, and teaching must be in unity with scripture.
- Faith alone, or sola fide: Mankind can only be saved by faith in Jesus Christ.
- Christ alone, or sola Christus: It is the finished work of Jesus Christ, received by faith, that saves us. His sinless life is given to us, and our sins were given to Him. On the cross He paid the full price for our sins in what is called the atonement.
- Grace alone, or sola gratia: All of this is the completely free gift of God. This means salvation cannot be earned. You cannot be saved by good deeds or good works.
- For God’s glory alone, or soli Deo gloria. All of creation and everything revealed to us in the Bible was accomplished for God’s glory alone. That means every human has one purpose: bring glory to God.
If a sixth point can be added to this, it is the necessity of the new birth. Just before the famous verse in which Jesus said, “For God so loved the world,” He declared, “You must be born again.” This does not mean a person must enter his mother’s womb a second time. No. It means something far more impossible than that. It means we must be completely remade as a new person. Our heart of stone must be changed into a heart of flesh. We people who hate God and the things of God must be transformed into people who love God and grieve over our sins. Of course this can only be done by the power of God through His Holy Spirit as a gift of grace, through faith in Jesus, for God’s glory alone. And once accomplished, this new birth cannot be undone. Once you are born again you are eternally in God’s family. He will never cast you out.
All of this looks good on paper, but what does it look like in practice? What does it look like in your life? What does it look like to live for Christ in these confusing times? The answers to these questions can only be found in community with God’s people, the Church, where the Bible is preached and believed. We are one local church. Please consider joining with us as we seek to glorify God and reach others for His glory.